Security RequirementsThe PCI security standards include layers of protection that need to be insured by financial institutions, merchants and service providers while processing funds using credit cards. These standards include a comprehensive set of requirements from any company interested in processing payments through credit cards like:
- Maintaining policies like Information Security Policy.
- Procedures related to implementing Access Control Measures.
- Security management like maintaining a secure network.
- Software Design that can protect cardholder data.
- Network architecture and regular monitoring & testing of networks.
- Maintaining a vulnerability management program.